Tuesday, January 29, 2013

homemade pizza: tomato, basil, mozzarella

Occasionally, I make something and then try it and think, "My goodness, I am a good cook". This was one of those times.

tomato basil mozzarella pizza, homemade pizza



Ingredients:

  • pizza dough, found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
  • fresh mozzarella
  • basil leaves from a plant, washed and dried (I purchased one at the grocery store and keep it in my kitchen)
  • olive oil

If you are using a pizza stone, heat it up in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes. Remove it and spread olive oil onto the stone (so that the pizza doesn't stick to the stone). Stretch out your pizza dough onto the stone, and spread olive oil on top of the dough. Cover with basil leaves, approximately an inch apart, leaving space for the crust edges. Top with tomato slices. Cover with mozzarella slices from your fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes, until edges are browned. Then you can email me and tell me how amazing it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...