Thursday, May 17, 2012

3 things thursday: organization

For today's 3 things, I'm sharing 3 tips for switching out clothes for the seasons.


1. Repair any items that need attention before putting them away. Replace buttons, have shoes resoled, wash and dry clean. When you pull out your seasonal wardrobe, it should be ready to wear.

2. I'm a bit of an organization freak, so I like to have everything labeled and put together. Thicker gloves and ski pants should be in the same bin, while fashionable mittens, thicker scarves, and sweaters should be together in another. Put buttons in labeled baggies and keep them with the articles they belong to.

3. As you are bringing out the new season's items, try everything on. Yes, everything. If it doesn't fit, you don't like it, or it's out of style, decide what to do with it. You can easily find somewhere to donate items (and a lot of places will pick up the items from your home), or bring them to a consignment store if they are in good shape and still in style. Knowing that my weight can fluctuate, I'll set aside items that I know I'll fit back into.

The more organized you are, the less clutter you will have, and the easier it will be to put outfits together everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...