Sunday, September 15, 2013

#PhillipLimforTarget social shopping insanity

The Limsanity Twitter storm started Saturday evening here on the East coast and lasted well into the early morning hours. After buying a few items, I told myself I'd go to bed and get up early to hit the suburban Target for the bags, since those were sure to quickly sell out online; but I actually woke up before my alarm and went right online. I was able to score a couple more pieces and a couple of bags. too.

This was my first experience in social shopping, and I have to say, it was far more fun than Black Friday's waiting in line for some crazy-well-priced item. But it was also an inimitable view into the influence others have on a shopper's mindset. I don't think I've shared before that I was an undergrad Psychology student, and in my more recent classes for my MBA, I've been studying consumer behavior... so for me, it was very interesting to see how social shopping turned my "one bag, maybe one top" purchase plan into the following:



Yep, that's 3 tops, 2 dresses, one sweater, and 3 bags. Oops. At least they have a good return policy? There was so much excitement when a new product was launched that it was tough to not get sucked into the thrill.

Shout outs to Hallie and the other crazies awake with me late last night to hit the #PhillipLimforTarget collaboration. If you search the hashtag, you're sure to find many people who were awake and live-tweeting the sale.

So, fashion friends, what's next?

2 comments:

  1. Really great picks! Thanks for stopping by Preppy Panache. I love your blog and am going to follow on bloglovin and would love it if you'd do the same.

    Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to go but now I wish I did - I love what you got! Great pieces! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...