Thursday, September 5, 2013

homemade fish tacos


One of my favorite dishes this time of year is fish tacos, which I've never before made at home because I thought it would be too involved. Well, friends, I was wrong. This was one of the easiest dishes I've made - and probably one of the healthiest, too!

Here's the recipe I created in my kitchen, with helpful visuals.




You'll need a mortar and pestle to grind up about a teaspoon of cumin. Add this plus a teaspoon of chili powder to a cup of sour cream and mix well. 




Chop half of a small red cabbage and mix in a bowl with a small red onion (chopped well) and a glove of garlic, minced. Also add a large tomato, chopped finely.






Grill a one-pound piece of white fish (I used cod) until fully cooked.




Layer your cabbage salad, chili sour cream, and grilled fish. Top with a squeeze of lime, fold, and serve.






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...