Thursday, December 19, 2013

homemade gift: lemon-vanilla body scrub


I recently spent more than I'd like to admit on a scrub that I love, and I was thinking - why not make my own? During the cold winter months, the oil base is just what my skin needs. And it makes a great DIY gift alternative to the typical bottle of wine.

You will need:
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup Sugar in the Raw (or other larger grain sugar)
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • Jars (I used 8 ounce ball jars, typically used for canning)
  • Optional: Add small wooden spoons, tied to each with twine, for easy use
Note: This recipe fills about 3 jars. If you don't have Sugar in the Raw, you can use 3 cups granulated sugar instead. The consistency will be a little grainier, but the scrub still works well!



Mix your ingredients together in a large bowl and then scoop into your jars. Tie with something beautiful, add a label, and you're done! (This is almost too easy to make.)




Do you have a favorite DIY giftable? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...