Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Her Style: Brittany

Have you ever looked around and wondered why people dress how they do?
Today is my first post in a new series, Her Style, where I will feature stylish ladies in my life:  Who they are, what they wear, and why.

First up is my big sister, Brittany. An avid commenter of my blog (thanks, B!), she has always encouraged me to do what makes me happiest. A little about her in her own words: "I'm a full-time graduate student in law and business in the Boston area about to graduate and re-enter the workforce."

I asked Brittany to wear an outfit that showed off her style but was comfortable. Here's what she chose:


"I chose this outfit because it incorporates pieces that make me look put together, but that are fairly effortless.  Classic blazers really suit my lifestyle because they make any outfit look polished. I also really love this new shirt because it's so colorful and spring-like.  After the long winter, I'm ready for the warm weather!"






On Brittany
Banana Republic jeans // Floral shirt from Halogen at Nordstrom (also love this one and this one) // Olivia Moon blazer // Steve Madden flats (old, similar here) // Feather necklace: gift from Etsy // Movado watch (similar)




I jumped in for a photo with Brittany. Where she chose to celebrate springtime by wearing sparkly flats, I stuck to my black tights and suede boots.




And then we let Mom get behind the camera, and she shared with us that she "always wanted to be a photographer", inching closer to us in a crouched position, which is why we're both making a face. Trying to smile for a photo while you're laughing is no easy task.



Cynthia Rowley floral dress, #fabfound at Marshall's (similar) // Steve Madden belt (similar) // Loft sweater (old, similar here) // BaubleBar tassel necklace // Barneys suede boots

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...