Thursday, April 25, 2013

scary moments + thankful for blessings

Can I be honest for a minute? For the first time ever, I felt like I could have lost one of my sisters. And that was the weirdest, most terrible feeling ever. The past 10 days have been a whirlwind of hospital rooms, cafeteria food, early mornings and late nights, hugs, new friends, and a lot of blessings.


I am so thankful to live in Boston, which is a spirited city that fights for its people. I am so thankful to the doctors and nurses, the civilians and EMTs who came across my sister and helped her. And I am so, so thankful that I still have both of my sisters. I cannot imagine life without them.

photo by Mary Costa

If you are interested in updates on my sister while she recovers, please visit this Facebook page. We still have a long road ahead of us, but we are thankful nonetheless.

#BostonStrong forever and ever

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alyssa!
    Was great meeting you at BBBos!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, and we wish her a quick recovery. xo Smita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet you too! Thanks so much!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...