Tuesday, October 22, 2013

how to dry a bouquet

how to dry a bridesmaid bouquet, how to dry flowers, how to dry a bouquet, dry a bouquet


The bouquets for my sister's wedding were gorgeous. The flowers were exactly what she wanted, and after the weekend, I took her bouquet home to preserve it for her while she got ready to jet off to the honeymoon.


how to dry a bridesmaid bouquet, how to dry flowers, how to dry a bouquet, dry a bouquet

I used a crochet needle and yarn to string up the bouquet and hang it upside down on a hanger. It's important to hang it upside down so that the flowers keep their shape. Then into a dark, dry closet it went for two weeks to dry.

Mold or mildew may start to grow on some of the flowers, and you can easily kill this with white vinegar. It's amazing stuff. I put some white vinegar into a spray bottle to easily get to the spots I needed to.


Two weeks later...

how to dry a bridesmaid bouquet, how to dry flowers, how to dry a bouquet, dry a bouquet


With the flowers dried, I took them outside and used a Krylon clear spray to seal them. It's tough to get into the stems, but do it as best you can. Coat all of the leaves and flowers (and berries), and then let dry for about an hour.


how to dry a bridesmaid bouquet, how to dry flowers, how to dry a bouquet, dry a bouquet


I tested everything first on my bridesmaid bouquet before doing her bridal bouquet. My bridesmaid bouquet is definitely not as pretty dried as it was on the wedding day, but it is now dried and preserved. Once you've dried your bouquet, the best place for it to go is into a tissue-lined box so that nothing snaps off.

2 comments:

  1. I love my dried bouquet. Can't wait to have a house to display it in.

    Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...