Wednesday, October 2, 2013

fall days were made for apple crisp



Last Fall I gave you my favorite apple crisp recipe, which I took out again the other night. We haven't been apple picking yet, but I picked up a bag of apples at the store because I was craving some Fall goodness.




I tried to make the recipe a little differently this time, mainly because I didn't have oats at home, and I found that you can very easily make a similar version without oats. Here's what I used for this version:

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 4 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
  • 1 stick butter
All you need to do is butter your pan or glass dish and lay the apple slices. Mix your stick of butter into the brown sugar, sugar, flour, and cinnamon mixture, and put on top of the apple slices. Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until slightly brown on top. 



(I took this photo and then realized I forgot about the whole crumbling-in-the-butter part. Oops. But then when I went back and did it, it didn't look so pretty.)


And then explain to your fuzzy friend why apple crisp is not for dogs.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...