Friday, February 22, 2013

style inspired: Oscar style favorites

I'm excited to see what gorgeous gowns show up on Sunday night's Oscars broadcast, so today I'm looking back at some of my favorite looks - and how you can recreate each of them.


1. Penelope Cruz looked amazing in this Atelier Versace gown in 2007, and you can copy her look with a feminine bandage dress from Herve Lager. Bonus- you don't have to have a black tie event to wear the A-line Lager. (Romona Kaveza has a similar bridal gown- with less bandage, more chiffon-, which the new Mrs. Hefner chose for her New Year's Eve nuptials.)

2. Mila Kunis's 2011 choice from Elie Saab is one of my all-time favorites. This red lace gown is a more dramatic- but still boldly feminine- option.

3. At first, I didn't think Hilary Swank's 2005 Guy Laroche gown was anything special - until I saw it from the back. Gorgeous! I'd copy this look any day. This black Nicole Miller, available at Rent the Runway for a steal of $125, is a still-dramatic but safer option for those of us who don't walk a red carpet on the regular.

Follow me on Twitter to find out my thoughts on this year's red carpet wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...