Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013 style recap

Happy Monday, everyone! Let's talk Oscars...

My favorite looks of the night were on Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner, Sandra Bullock, and Jessica Chastain.

Jennifer Aniston Oscars, Jennifer Garner Oscars, Sandra Bullock Oscars, Jessica Chastain Oscars, Oscars 2013

Jennifer Aniston looked stunning in a red Valentino Haute Couture gown, and while she could have gone for something more exciting with her hair, I thought it was appropriate for the look to say red carpet rather than prom.
- I love the back of Jennifer Garner's custom Gucci gown, which was a fun twist on the otherwise simple silhouette.
- Sandra Bullock's Elie Saab Haute Couture looked gorgeous on her. I was waiting for someone to do the lace and beading trend right!
- Jessica Chastain, a fellow redhead, rocked a subtle chevron print on her Armani PrivĂ©, looking like a subtly sexy version of Jessica Rabbit. Bonus points for bringing her grandmother to the show!


And on my "what were you thinking?" list:  Kelly Rowland and Anne Hathaway.

Kelly Rowland Oscars, Anne Hathaway Oscars, Oscars 2013

Kelly's dress reminded me of Angelina Jolie's 2012 Oscars gown so much that it seemed to scream,  "I hope my leg goes viral too!". Meanwhile, Anne looked like she was going to a prom in the late 1990s. Just...why? I've seen these ladies dressed far better, like Anne here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...