Tuesday, October 16, 2012

bridal in color

I made a comment the other day that I'm not sure I would ever wear a white bridal gown because of how fair my skin is (and, therefore, how horrible I look in white). I got a few incredulous looks, but then this week I started seeing colorful gowns, like this plum Vera Wang creation. Apparently I'm not the only one who shies away from white.

vera wang, vera wang plum, plum bridal dress, plum wedding dress

Vera isn't the only one plunging into color. Enzoani also has quite a few dresses in pastel hues, like these two below, as well as some ornate black versions and more traditional white gowns with embroidered blue and black overlays that look less like prom dresses and more like modified bridal.

Enzoani wedding dress, blue wedding dress, lilac wedding dress

And then there's this stunner, also from Enzoani, which has that "love to watch you leave" effect and is unlike anything I've seen before. I wonder if the red skirt is detachable.

Enzoani wedding dress, red and white wedding dress

As more of my friends start (and get farther into) wedding planning, I'm excited to see what other trends in bridal pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...