Thursday, May 30, 2013

homemade cookie dough topping

cookie dough, homemade cookie dough, cookie dough topping

I eat a lot of ice cream, and unfortunately, one of my favorite brands doesn't make a cookie dough version. So last night a lightbulb went off...  I decided that since I love this ice cream and don't want to switch brands (aside from summertime drives to the local ice cream stand, obviously), I could make my own cookie dough topping to mix in to the plain vanilla flavor.


In my KitchenAid mixer, I combined:
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • dash of salt
  • and of course... 2 sticks of butter (I didn't say this would be a healthy recipe)



You'll also need half of a bag of chocolate chips (about one cup).


Mix everything together until it has the consistency of cookie dough.


Pack the dough into a quart size freezer bag and put it in the freezer. After a few hours you will have a crumbly, delicious topping for your favorite ice cream.


P.S. I highly recommend eating ice cream out of a mug. This Little Mermaid mug is my favorite for a dish of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...