Monday, May 13, 2013

easy summer pieces


Hot summer days call for easy-to-wear pieces that have style but that you can be comfortable in. It kills me when I see women who clearly got way too dolled up and then limp in their too-high heels or are clearly sweltering in whatever they put on. (Especially if they're just at the grocery store. Don't get me wrong- I don't condone wearing pajama pants, even if it's just for a gallon of milk, which I unfortunately see way too often in the 'burbs.)

I recently purchased this blue J.Crew Factory dress and plan to wear it everywhere, from a daytime soiree to an impromptu brunch. Wedges will ensure that I don't sink into the ground at an outdoor bridal shower- have you ever had that happen? It's a great way to ruin a new pair of heels. (Unless they're black... grass stains hate the color black. But who wears black in the summer?)

Summer errands call for an easy tee dress, like this one from Old Navy, that can be worn on its own. I seriously live in these during the hot summer months. Another great pair of Nine West wedges, these with a shorter wedge, will make it easy to run around. Wearing signature studs from BaubleBar- I'm a sucker for anything monogrammed or with my letters- and a mani with Essie's "Boom Boom Room"- and I'll be able to tackle my ever-growing to do list.

Do you have a go-to for those sweltering summer days when you can't just stay in front of the a/c?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...