Friday, July 19, 2013

feeling accomplished: my first 5K

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you know (well, a lot about me, but also) that I ran my first 5K on Sunday! You also probably know by now that my older sister was injured at the Boston Marathon bombings. It's been quite the journey over the past few months.

Our hometown friends wanted to put together something to honor Brittany and have a celebration, so they decided on a 5K race and a 1 mile walk - and I'm so glad they did! It was a fabulous day of support, sun, and accomplishments.


A lot of work went into the day - shout out to the event sponsors!



Lady of the hour




My goal for the race was to beat my dad who said he had been training and was going to come in before me (he talked a big game). Here is photo evidence of me achieving my goal:



The best part of finishing the race was seeing Britt on the sideline cheering us on. It was an interesting shift from exactly 3 months ago today when all of us were with her in the hospital cheering her on, and for me a little emotional. I'm not a runner by any stretch of the imagination, so at that point I felt like my legs were going to give out - but her cheers gave me an extra boost of energy.

This is my little sister Amanda, who makes me look like the little sister.



And a necessary photo of my handsome fiance


All photos were taken by my mom's friend, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...